Suspect Arrested Following Alleged Armed Street Robbery in Mississauga
UPDATE: Police say the accused was arrested in April 2019 in connection with the alleged incident. He was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on April 13. Police are no longer actively searching for the accused.
Police are searching for a suspect wanted in connection with an armed street robbery.
Peel police say 20-year-old Waleed Mehmood is wanted following an alleged street robbery with a firearm that took place in the Britannia Rd. and Creditview area in Mississauga.
Police say the incident occurred around 9:00 p.m. on Oct. 8, 2018.
Police allege that three victims were targeted in the incident.
Some cash and some personal property was taken over the course of the incident.
Mehmood is a described as a male of Middle Eastern descent who is 5’8” with a heavy build.
He is wanted on robbery and failing to comply with recognizance charges.
Anyone who sees him is asked to call police.
- Top 5 Most Expensive Restaurants in Mississauga
- Police investigating hotel robbery in Mississauga
- Police called after racism discussions become heated at Peel District School Board meeting
- Busy Mississauga library to close for two years for a multi-million-dollar renovation
- Power outage affecting over 2,000 homes and businesses in Mississauga
- Peel Police Seeking Male Suspect Following Alleged Robbery
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Brutal Alleged Assault
- Suspect Arrested Following 2018 Robbery in Mississauga
- Police dog tracks down armed robbery suspect in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in connection with kidnapping and robbery incident