Suspect Vehicle Located, Driver Missing After Officer Injured in Crash This Morning
Police have located the suspect vehicle in Mississauga after a crash on the 403 this morning that sent an OPP officer to a trauma centre in serious condition.
At around 4 p.m., Peel Regional Police reported that the suspect vehicle was located in the area of Trailwood Dr and Hurontario St, unoccupied. The driver of the vehicle is still outstanding.
During a routine traffic stop, the officer was struck at Hurontario and the 403, police reported this morning. He was sent to Sunnybrook in serious condition.
The suspect vehicle had fled the area - a charcoal grey Chrysler 300 with black rims and Quebec license plate FLK8756 that has now been located.
The officer was identified as PC Patrick Chatelain, with four years of service from Port Credit Det., said Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP. Chatelain’s vitals were stable as of 10:30 a.m.
- Male Arrested in Connection to Officer Struck by Vehicle
- OPP Officer Struck by Vehicle on Hwy 403 in Mississauga
- Major Ramp Closures After Officer Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Police ID Suspect After Officer Injured in Carjacking
- Police searching for stolen vehicle driver who fled crash in Mississauga
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Oakville man caught speeding twice in 11 minutes
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Missing 13-year-old girl located in good health
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga