Suspect Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga Released From Hospital
An armed robbery suspect has been released from hospital on Saturday - with minor injuries - after he was struck by a car while fleeing from police in Mississauga.
“He had scratches and bruises,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Mark Fischer.
This means the province’s Special Investigations Unit won’t be getting involved.
The incident took place in the right northbound lane of Glen Erin Dr., just south of Britannia Rd., around suppertime on Sept. 1.
That’s at the Erin Mills-Meadowvale border.
Investigators allege the suspect is one of four teens linked to a knifepoint robbery near Thomas St. and Tenth Line W. around 5:30 p.m.
Property was taken from a victim who was jumped but he wasn’t physically injured.
Four teens - one of whom was armed - fled on bikes.
But the teen who was struck by the car apparently ditched the bike and was on foot — he lost both shoes in the process.
The windshield of the older model four-door silver Infiniti was smashed in, an area resident tells insauga.com, adding police were holding the scene until about 11 a.m. Saturday.
The teen is one of two suspects arrested and charges are likely pending.
Investigators are still looking for the two remaining suspects.
They’re described as black males around 17-years-old, wearing hoodies and dark clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 11 Division’s criminal investigations bureau at 905-453-2121 ext. 1133 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
- Four Suspects On the Run After Armed Robbery in Mississauga
- Police Hunting Mississauga Armed Robbery Suspects
- Police seeking two armed suspects after bank robbery in Mississauga
- Four Mississauga teens charged in connection with armed robbery at Brampton pharmacy
- Mississauga Teens Charged in Oakville Armed Robbery
- Trio robs Brampton convenience store, police say
- Hamilton considers closing East Mountain street to vehicles, asks residents to weigh in
- Two males involved in Brampton collision flee on foot, Peel police say
- One-year-old girl pulled from Burlington swimming pool dies in hospital
- Five-week-old puppy stolen during armed invasion of occupied Brampton house