Suspect Sought By Halton Police in Mississauga Fraud
A theft and fraud suspect is being sought by Halton police he was captured on surveillance footage in Mississauga.
The incident took place on Oct. 25 in the early morning.
A vehicle was entered in a residential Oakville neighbourhood near Dundas St. and Eighth Line and several items - including a debit card - were stolen.
The bank card was later used at several gas stations in Mississauga, say police.
Investigators have obtained video footage, and images of the suspect are being released so the public can tell police who the man is.
The suspect is described as white between 20-to-30-years-old. He has light brown/blonde hair and was wearing a dark coat.
The man has “distinguishable” tattoos across his fingers on his left hand, say investigators.
Police are reminding residents of the following tips:
- Ensure your unattended vehicle(s) are kept locked/secure.
- Never leave personal identification or valuables in your vehicle.
- Park in a well-lit and attended areas whenever possible.
- Never leave spare keys in your vehicle.
- If you have to leave valuables in your vehicle, lock them in your trunk (do not tempt thieves by leaving packages or purses in plain view or on the seat).
- Remove garage door openers, GPS navigation and cell phone devices and power cords from view when not in your vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det.-Const. Mark Bingham of the 2 District criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2216.
Tips can also be sent by contacting Crime Stoppers “See something, Hear something, Say something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip 201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
Images courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Police Searching For 13-Year-Old Girl Missing For Two Days
- Violence Against Teachers on the Rise in Mississauga
- Suspect Leads Police on Pursuit, Ditches Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Mississauga Bank Robbery Suspect
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection With Theft and Fraud Investigation in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Police ID Suspect After Officer Injured in Carjacking
- Suspect Targeting Seniors is in Mississauga: Police