Suspect sought after woman kidnapped in Brampton
Peel police have reported a kidnapping that took place overnight in Brampton.
At 2:56 a.m., officers were called for a disturbance at a residence in the area of Mayfield and Mississauga Rd.
An interaction occurred between a man and an officer at the scene, and the officer discharged a firearm.
Police say the man then fled in a vehicle with an unwilling woman. Their whereabouts are currently unknown.
The suspect is identified as 21 year old Kwami Garwood, and the woman is identified as Salina Ouk.
The vehicle is identified as a black Honda Civic with licence plate number BZHE247.
The SIU has invoked its mandate and will be investigating.
Police are urging anyone who sees Garwood not to approach him and instead contact 911, as he is considered armed and dangerous.
The SIU is a government agency that investigates incidents involving police officers that have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault, or the discharge of a firearm at a person.
More updates to come as the investigation continues.
Photo: Peel police handout
- Police searching for suspect believed to have kidnapped 23 year old woman in Brampton
- Brampton kidnapping victim found safe, suspect remains at large: Police
- Woman wounded in police involved shooting in Mississauga
- Brampton woman says she escaped kidnapper, took cab to police station
- Peel Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers