Suspect in Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old Arrested in Peel
The second suspect wanted in connection with the alleged armed kidnapping of a 22-year-old man in Markham was arrested in a Brampton home, police say.
York Regional Police say that on Tuesday, April 2, 2019, a search warrant was executed at a residence in Brampton and a 33-year-old man was arrested.
Police say the accused will appear in court on April 3.
His name will be released once he has appeared and the charges have been laid, police say.
The first suspect arrested, Abdullahi Adan, has been held in custody and will be appearing again in court on April 5 for a bail hearing.
On Saturday, March 23, the victim, Wanzhen Lu, and his friend were in an underground parking garage at a condominium building located at 15 Water Walk Drive shortly, which is in the area of Highway 7 and Birchmount Road when he was allegedly kidnapped.
Police say three men, one of whom was armed with a conductive energy weapon, exited a van and grabbed Lu. Police say the suspects shocked Lu when he resisted, then forced him into a van and fled.
On the evening of Tuesday, March 26, Lu was located after he approached a home in Gravenhurst and asked the residents for help.
Police say he was suffering from minor injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment. He has since been reunited with his family.
The investigation is still ongoing.
"York Regional Police will continue to dedicate significant resources to find the additional suspects, as they are still at large and are considered armed and dangerous. We strongly recommend that the remaining suspects involved in this kidnapping seek legal counsel and turn themselves in," police said in a statement.
The first suspect is described as a male who was seen wearing a mask, blue pants and black jacket. The second suspect is described as a dark-skinned male who is 6'1". He was last seen wearing a black Canada Goose jacket.
Anyone with information is asked to contact York Regional Police Major Crimes Bureau immediately at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7865. If you spot the suspects do not approach them, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- Brawl Breaks Out Involving Knives at an Intersection in Mississauga
- Mississauga Company Hit With Massive Fine After Worker Dies From 30 Foot Fall
- Newly Opened Chinese Restaurant Giving Away Free Food Today in Mississauga
- Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Armed Kidnapping Suspect
- UPDATE: Victim of Armed Kidnapping Located and Hospitalized
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- UPDATE: Police Release Photos of Armed Kidnapping Suspects
- UPDATE: Police Locate Vehicle Used in Armed Kidnapping of 22 Year Old