Suspect in an attempted murder in Brampton
Investigators with the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau are asking the public’s assistance in locating a suspect in an alleged attempted murder incident that occurred on February 20, 2021, City of Brampton.
On Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 1:11 p.m., police were contacted regarding a disturbance at a residence on Newbury Crescent, Brampton. A woman was located with a stab wound and transported to a trauma center, where she remains stable.
The suspect is the victim’s 29-year-old son, who resides in the home, fled the area on foot.
Prateek Mann of Brampton is male, South Asian, 5’6-5’7, medium build, black hair buzzed cut. He was last seen wearing grey pants, a black hoodie with white writing saying “car heart,” a blue surgical mask, and socks (holding black shoes while running).
If anyone sees the suspect we ask that they do not approach him as he may be dangerous, immediately call 911.
Anyone with any information about this incident can contact our investigators at 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 2133. Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Police Hunting for Robbery Suspect Who Has Hit Brampton and Mississauga
- Police Seeking Assistance in Attempted Murder Investigation in Mississauga
- Police Asking For Help To Locate Suspect in Mississauga Shooting
- Police Seeking Help in Attempted Murder Investigation in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Man Wanted for Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- Mass test results are in from the Mississauga condo for the variants of concern
- Here’s what you need to know about quarantine hotels in Mississauga
- Employee at Loblaws in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19.