Suspect From Mississauga Arrested Following Shooting in Halton
One suspect has been arrested in connection with a shooting that occurred on Feb. 26, 2019, in Halton.
According to police, this shooting occurred at a Garrison Square residence in Georgetown, Halton Hills.
Shortly before 4 p.m., officers, the Tactical Rescue Unit and the Canine Unit arrived at the residence where shots were reportedly fired, to find several shell casings nearby.
No reports of injuries were found in relation the incident.
Witnesses reported a suspect fleeing the area in a white or silver, newer model Honda Accord or Hyundai, in an unknown direction.
Now, following an investigation, police have identified Juvonte Hylton (22) of Mississauga as the person responsible for the shooting.
The accused was arrested on March 12, 2019 and held for a bail hearing.
The accused is facing the following alleged charges:
*Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
*Fail to comply with recognizance
*Discharge firearm - recklessness
*Possession of a controlled substance
Police believe the victim and their residence were targeted by the accused.
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection with Apartment Shooting in Mississauga
- Man arrested in relation to a shooting investigation in Mississauga
- Man Accused of Ramming into Police Cruisers Arrested in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Shooting Incident
- Police Searching For Mississauga Shooting Suspect Who is Considered Dangerous
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- York Region shares list of box stores fined over violations of COVID-19 rules
- Rental rates for some units fell close to 10 per cent at the end of 2020 in Mississauga