Suspect from Mississauga Arrested After More Than $20K Worth of Laptops Stolen in Oakville
Halton Police have arrested a suspect after more than $20,000 worth of laptops were stolen in Oakville.
Dating back to April 2019, Halton Police have received ten reports of thefts regarding a suspect who was stealing laptops after breaking into office buildings across Oakville.
On numerous occasions, according to police, the suspect entered the building undetected and slipped away carrying several laptops.
Police say the thefts would be reported the following business day when workers realised their laptops were missing.
However, some of the office buildings were equipped with video surveillance which helped investigators identify the alleged thief as Kenneth Levy (32) of Mississauga.
Investigators used a variety of investigative techniques in order to track the suspect, who was staying at a hotel in Mississauga.
According to police, approximately $24,000 worth of laptops were stolen.
And on July 3, 2019, the suspect was placed under arrest exiting the hotel and found to be in possession of five laptops stolen the night before.
The accused was taken to the Oakville police station where he was held into custody pending a bail hearing.
Now investigators are attempting to identify exactly where the accused was unloading the stolen laptops in efforts to return stolen property to the rightful owners.
According to police, the accused is facing the following alleged charges.
- Break and enter commit theft
- Possession of property obtained by crime
- Possession of break-in instruments
- Fail to comply with probation order
Anyone with further information is asked to contact D/Cst. Matt Duncan of the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2259.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Some residents and councillor furious about bridge demolition in Mississauga
- Man dies after police taser him in Mississauga