Suspect Flees After Striking Police Cruiser in Mississauga
A Mississauga school is under hold and secure while officers search for a suspect this morning in Mississauga.
Police reported around 10:40 a.m. that a vehicle struck a police cruiser in the area of Hurontario and Eaglewood Boulevard.
The suspect then exited the vehicle and fled the scene, police say.
Police describe the suspect as an Asian male, 5’8” and bald, wearing a green or black jacket.
As the result of this incident, Kenollie Public Elementary School on Glenwood Drive has been put under hold and secure.
Officers and K9 units are on scene continuing to investigate.
Anyone who has seen the suspect or has any information should contact police at 905-453-3311.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
UPDATE: (12:22 p.m.) The hold and secure, which was temporarily lifted, has been reissued. More updates to follow.
UPDATE: (1:43 p.m.) The suspect is in police custody and the school is no longer under hold and secure.
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga
- Mississauga school in hold and secure while police look for male in "state of undress"
- Mississauga schools in hold and secure due to suspicious activity: Police
- Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga While Police Investigate Reports of Suspect Armed with Knife
- School under hold and secure after attempted robbery in Mississauga
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga