Suspect Flees After Striking Police Cruiser in Mississauga
A Mississauga school is under hold and secure while officers search for a suspect this morning in Mississauga.
Police reported around 10:40 a.m. that a vehicle struck a police cruiser in the area of Hurontario and Eaglewood Boulevard.
The suspect then exited the vehicle and fled the scene, police say.
Police describe the suspect as an Asian male, 5’8” and bald, wearing a green or black jacket.
As the result of this incident, Kenollie Public Elementary School on Glenwood Drive has been put under hold and secure.
Officers and K9 units are on scene continuing to investigate.
Anyone who has seen the suspect or has any information should contact police at 905-453-3311.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
UPDATE: (12:22 p.m.) The hold and secure, which was temporarily lifted, has been reissued. More updates to follow.
UPDATE: (1:43 p.m.) The suspect is in police custody and the school is no longer under hold and secure.
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga
- Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga While Police Investigate Reports of Suspect Armed with Knife
- School under hold and secure after attempted robbery in Mississauga
- Mississauga school in hold and secure following nearby stabbing incident
- School and daycares in hold and secure due to possible gun sighting in Mississauga
- Police on scene for males fighting with bats in Mississauga
- UPDATE: 82 year old motorcyclist dead following crash in Mississauga
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Hugely popular dessert restaurant coming to Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga
- GO Train delays expected after person reportedly struck by train