Suspect Charged After Shots Fired in Mississauga
A 20 year-old Hamilton man is in handcuffs in connection with shots being fired in Mississauga.
The arrest was made on July 3.
Peel police responded to the incident on May 31 at 6:25 p.m. in the Tenth Line West and Thomas St. area.
The suspect fled in his vehicle before police arrive, investigators allege.
No injuries were reported.
An arrest warrant was issued for Awais Khan for numerous firearms offences.
He was arrested on the strength of the warrant with help from Halton Regional Police,
Khan was charged with numerous firearm related offences and held for a bail hearing on Wednesday.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call investigators at the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Burlington residents now have an additional splash pad to check out this summer
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Residential fire in Brampton closes down roadway Tuesday night