Suspect arrested in connection to Brampton kidnapping
Peel Regional Police have made an arrest in connection to a kidnapping that occurred in Brampton.
During the early hours of March 28, Peel Regional Police were called to a residence on Adventura Drive in relation to a disturbance.
Upon arrival, a male suspect fled the scene in a vehicle with a female captive.
On March 29, the woman was located safely at the 22 Division.
On April 1, Paul Prokopiw was arrested and charged with Accessory After the Fact to Commit an Indictable Offence, and Obstruct Peace Officer. He was later released on an Undertaking with a court date to attend the Ontario Court of Justice, on June 9.
Another suspect, Kwami Garwood, is still outstanding and believed to be armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information regarding Garwood's whereabouts is urged to contact investigators from the 22 Division Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-453-2121 extension 2233.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or visiting their website.
- Police searching for suspect believed to have kidnapped 23 year old woman in Brampton
- Suspect in Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old Arrested in Peel
- Brampton kidnapping victim found safe, suspect remains at large: Police
- Police arrest suspect in connection to shooting in Mississauga
- Police arrest single suspect in connection to murder in Mississauga
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers