Suspect arrested in connection to Brampton kidnapping
Peel Regional Police have made an arrest in connection to a kidnapping that occurred in Brampton.
During the early hours of March 28, Peel Regional Police were called to a residence on Adventura Drive in relation to a disturbance.
Upon arrival, a male suspect fled the scene in a vehicle with a female captive.
On March 29, the woman was located safely at the 22 Division.
On April 1, Paul Prokopiw was arrested and charged with Accessory After the Fact to Commit an Indictable Offence, and Obstruct Peace Officer. He was later released on an Undertaking with a court date to attend the Ontario Court of Justice, on June 9.
Another suspect, Kwami Garwood, is still outstanding and believed to be armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information regarding Garwood's whereabouts is urged to contact investigators from the 22 Division Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-453-2121 extension 2233.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or visiting their website.
- ARRESTED: Man wanted in connection to a kidnapping in Brampton has been arrested
- Police searching for suspect believed to have kidnapped 23 year old woman in Brampton
- Suspect in Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old Arrested in Peel
- Brampton kidnapping victim found safe, suspect remains at large: Police
- Police arrest suspect in connection to shooting in Mississauga
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Free Summer Scavenger Hunt happening in Hamilton