Suspect Arrested for Domestic Assault in Mississauga
Soon after an arrest warrant was issued, police have arrested and charged the suspect of a domestic assault in Mississauga.
Police were called to the area of Northaven Drive and Atwater Avenue at approximately 2:00 a.m. on Sunday (April 8) for a reported assault.
Officers located the victim, a 47 year old woman, with injuries. She was taken to hospital and released shortly after.
The suspect, 35 year old Toronto man Renaldo Francois, allegedly fled the scene before police arrived.
At approximately 11:15 p.m. the same day, Francois surrendered himself to police. He is charged with assault, aggravated assault, and uttering threats to cause death.
Anyone with further information regarding this incident should contact police at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233.
- Police Searching for Suspect of Domestic Assault in Mississauga
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Police Hunting for Aggravated Assault Suspect in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Brutal Alleged Assault
- Woman Arrested for Hate-Motivated Assault in Mississauga
- Woman assaulted by stranger in unprovoked attack in Mississauga: Police
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- Mayor says “no evidence” to suggest Mississauga needs to be rolled back to Stage 2
- Ontario reports 401 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase since early June