Suspect Arrested Following Disturbing Attack on Man With Autism in Mississauga
A suspect has been arrested following a vicious and high-profile attack on a man with autism in Mississauga, police say.
Peel police say that on Tuesday, March 13 at approximately 10:45 p.m., officers were called to the scene of a violent assault that occurred in the Square One bus terminal.
The victim of the assault has been identified as a 29-year-old man with autism.
The disturbing video shows three suspects punching and kicking the victim as he sits at the bottom of a flight of stairs changing his shoes. Police say the victim was taken to local hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
Shortly after the video was released, police said that evidence suggested the three suspects were from British Columbia.
Peel police say that on Friday, March 23, investigators—with the assistance of Windsor police—arrested and charged 21-year-old Parmvir ‘Parm’ Singh Chahil for aggravated assault in Windsor.
Police say the accused will appear in court on March 23 for a bail hearing.
Police say they also charged 44-year-old Windsor woman Hardip Padda and 18-year-old Windsor man Harmanvir Chahil for accessory after the fact. The accused parties were released on a promise to appear and are scheduled to be in court on May 2.
A Canada-wide arrest warrant for outstanding suspect Ronjot Singh Dhami, 25, is still in effect.
Police say the third male allegedly involved in the incident has not yet been positively identified, but may go by the first name “Jason.”
Anyone who sees the outstanding suspect is asked to consider him "extremely dangerous" and call police immediately. Police are asking anyone who sees him to avoid approaching him.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses, or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121 Ext 1233.
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- Mississauga Set to Welcome $40 Million Park
- These Organizations Don’t Pay Any Property Tax in Mississauga
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Toronto Premium Outlets’ First Full-Service Restaurant Has Arrived
- Second Suspect Arrested Following “Vicious” Attack on Man With Autism in Mississauga
- Police Identify Second Suspect Wanted in “Vicious” Attack on Autistic Man in Mississauga
- Third Suspect Sought in Assault Against Man with Autism in Mississauga
- Suspect Identified Following Beating of Autistic Man in Mississauga
- Third Suspect Charged in Assault Against Man with Autism in Mississauga