Successful Mississauga Restaurateur Opening Brand New Restaurant Soon
A wildly successful restaurateur who hails from Mississauga is about to throw himself back into the food business by launching a brand new culinary concept in Toronto.
Shant Mardirosian, the founder of the Burger's Priest—the classic American cheeseburger joint with a unique religious theme that uses fresh, ultra-premium beef that is prepared and cooked with old school methods—is launching a new pizzeria soon.
The new restaurant signals a new culinary direction for Mardirosian, who is no longer involved with the Burger's Priest brand (a brand that started when he opened his very first Priest location in The Beaches in 2010).
Mardirosian told insauga.com that The Fourth Man in the Fire Pizzeria, which is slated to open in mid-August at 832 Dundas Street West in Toronto, will be a classic pizzeria serving 18” American pizzas.
It will also serve panzarotti, fried mozzarella, salads and a homemade coconut cream pie.
Another bonus? It will also offer affordable beer, $5 glasses of wine, and reasonably priced bottles of wine.
As for what prompted his decision to create a new resto, Mardirosian says he’s a life-long pizza lover.
"I’ve always loved pizza more than any other food. I saw that the city’s restaurants were focused mainly on Neapolitan and neo-Neopolitan pizzas which are amazing, but nobody was doing traditional American. So I thought I’d throw my hat in the ring and give it a try," he says.
Mardirosian also said he's working to make high-quality food more accessible to everyone—especially more budget-conscious diners.
"My desire to change not only the pizza culture in the city but restaurant culture as well, [inspired me]," he says.
"I want to create a space where staff are paid well and prices are kept as low as possible so people can afford to go out on a more regular basis.
The new resto also pays homage to the bible, as well as the founder's take on today's politics.
Mardirosian says the title comes from a story about God protecting three men who refused to bow to the ruler of the day.
"The Fourth Man in the Fire Pizzeria is my stance against the inflationary government-caused forces that rob people of their purchasing power every day. Going out to eat isn’t a right, it’s a privilege, but that privilege is being taken away from more and more people every day. I want to do my part to preserve it for as many people as I can," he says.
As for whether or not the Fourth Man in the Fire will expand to Mississauga, Mardirosian simply says "never say never."
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Ice from other vehicle shatters windshield in Mississauga
- City fining contractor after snow plow takes out garbage bins in Mississauga
- Holiday market coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Burger’s Priest Opening in Mississauga
- One of the Most Popular Burger Joints is Opening A New Location in Mississauga
- One of the Most Popular Burger Joints Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Toronto Burger Joint Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- American Pizza Restaurant Opening Second Canadian Location in Square One in Mississauga