Subway launching plant-based menu items
Subway is joining the growing list of restaurants that are offering plant-based meat alternatives on their menus.
The sandwich giant has announced they are will be offering a plant-based Beyond Meatball option for fans of the classic meatball sub at participating locations.
Additionally, Subway is partnering with Lifestyle Expert Martha Stewart to promote their new menu option.
“Martha is the perfect partner to announce the nationwide launch of the Beyond Meatball Marinara Sub in Canada,” Cristina Wells, Subway Canada Senior Marketing Director, said in a news release.
“Martha’s green thumb and culinary prowess made her a natural fit to speak to the unbelievable cultivation and care that goes into creating the Beyond Meatball,” she continued.
According to the release, the new Beyond Meatball sandwich tastes just like the original and has 22 grams of protein in a six-inch sub.
“We are proud to expand the Beyond Meatball to thousands of Subway locations across Canada, introducing the delicious taste and benefits of Beyond Meat to a widening consumer base,” Ethan Brown, Beyond Meat CEO and Founder, said in the same release.
“Canada is a progressive market and we’ve seen strong engagement from consumers there. Through our partnership with Subway, we look forward to offering delicious, options that will excite new and existing fans,” he continued.
Cover photo courtesy of Subway Canada’s Instagram
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Subway Announces New Beyond Meat Sandwiches Coming to Mississauga
- KFC testing plant-based menu options for one day only in Mississauga
- Wendy's becomes latest restaurant to add plant-based menu option
- Number of Subway locations continues to decline in Mississauga
- Subway Launches Exciting New Menu Option in Mississauga