Subway launching plant-based menu items
Subway is joining the growing list of restaurants that are offering plant-based meat alternatives on their menus.
The sandwich giant has announced they are will be offering a plant-based Beyond Meatball option for fans of the classic meatball sub at participating locations.
Additionally, Subway is partnering with Lifestyle Expert Martha Stewart to promote their new menu option.
“Martha is the perfect partner to announce the nationwide launch of the Beyond Meatball Marinara Sub in Canada,” Cristina Wells, Subway Canada Senior Marketing Director, said in a news release.
“Martha’s green thumb and culinary prowess made her a natural fit to speak to the unbelievable cultivation and care that goes into creating the Beyond Meatball,” she continued.
According to the release, the new Beyond Meatball sandwich tastes just like the original and has 22 grams of protein in a six-inch sub.
“We are proud to expand the Beyond Meatball to thousands of Subway locations across Canada, introducing the delicious taste and benefits of Beyond Meat to a widening consumer base,” Ethan Brown, Beyond Meat CEO and Founder, said in the same release.
“Canada is a progressive market and we’ve seen strong engagement from consumers there. Through our partnership with Subway, we look forward to offering delicious, options that will excite new and existing fans,” he continued.
Cover photo courtesy of Subway Canada’s Instagram
- Subway Announces New Beyond Meat Sandwiches Coming to Mississauga
- KFC permanently adding plant-based sandwich to menu
- KFC testing plant-based menu options for one day only in Mississauga
- Number of Subway locations continues to decline in Mississauga
- Wendy's becomes latest restaurant to add plant-based menu option
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcomes 45 new flights with COVID-19
- Workers in Peel Region have lost jobs due to COVID-19 scrutiny in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021