Subway Announces New Beyond Meat Sandwiches Coming to Mississauga
The beyond meat trend is becoming more popular in Mississauga, and restaurants are continuing to adopt the trend.
Today (August 7), Subway announced a new partnership with Beyond Meat to test exclusive plant-based protein options.
Starting this September and for a limited time only, Subway restaurants will test the Beyond Meatball Marinara sub in 685 participating restaurants across Canada and the U.S.
“Subway appeals to so many fans because we truly offer something for everyone. Our guests want to feel good about what they eat, and they also want to indulge in new flavours. With our new plant-based Beyond Meatball Marinara sub, we are giving them the best of both worlds,” says Len Van Popering, Subway’s Chief Brand and Innovation Officer. “And, we are particularly excited about debuting a co-developed product that can’t be found anywhere else: the Beyond Meatball made just for Subway.”
The Beyond Meatball Marinara is described as “the brand’s classic sandwich but with a plant-based twist.”
The sub is covered in Subway’s marinara sauce, sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese and perfectly toasted, but features the first-ever Beyond Meatball created just for Subway.
The sub is said to offer the same flavour as Subway’s traditional meatball sub and is packed with protein - 24 grams per six-inch sub.
“We’re excited to partner with Subway and are grateful that the menu team through to senior management has entrusted us as their innovation partner to deliver delicious plant-based proteins to their guests,” says Ethan Brown, Beyond Meat Founder & CEO. “We look forward to a long-term partnership with Subway as we together serve and delight existing and new fans of this iconic chain.”
Seventy percent of meat-eaters substitute a non-meat protein in a meal at least once a week, according to researchers, the NPD Group.
Subway says customers fans in Canada can already create more than 1 billion plant-forward sandwich, flatbread, and Signature Wrap combinations, and that the new plant-based options may double that number.
Will you try the new plant-based products at Subway?
Photo courtesy of Subway
- Subway launching plant-based menu items
- Number of Subway locations continues to decline in Mississauga
- KFC permanently adding plant-based sandwich to menu
- Maple Leaf launches new line of products that are half meat, and half plant-based products
- KFC testing plant-based menu options for one day only in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU