Students Can Now Apply for OSAP Earlier Than Ever in Mississauga and Beyond
The province decided to open Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) loans the earliest that applications have ever been open.
This is all well and good, and in fact, it's the earliest launch of OSAP applications ever, so students will be able to get a head start on asking the province for student loans to pay their way through school.
"Students can apply for free tuition earlier than ever," said the province. "This year, more than 210,000 full-time university and college students are receiving free tuition for the first time ever."
This early launch of OSAP applications is a whopping four months earlier than the application is usually launched, and the province has seen applications up by almost 20 per cent for the 2017-2018 school year.
This is no secret - when the province announced free tuition for many students, students who had graduated mourned the fact that they'd lost out on such an incredible and absolutely necessary initiative, while students going into college or university or who had at least a year left of school rejoiced.
What's more is for the part of the loan that students will be required to pay back, students will not have to start repaying the Ontario portion of their student loans until they are earning a minimum of $35,000 a year, a $10,000 increase from the previous minimum of $25,000.
Paying for school is hard enough as is.
All in all, it's still a good thing that anyone planning to be in school from 2018-2019 can get a head start on applying for student loans and vying for free tuition.
Students who want to apply for OSAP can click here.
- PHOTOS: Crash Causes Major Delays on Winston Churchill in Mississauga
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Mississauga
- Woman Enjoying Big Lotto Win in Mississauga
- Discover High-End Brands at Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga This Spring
- Mississauga Truck Driver Charged with Drug Trafficking
- Province Making Changes to Student Loans in Mississauga and Beyond
- More Than One-Third of College and University Students Receiving Free Tuition Grants in Ontario
- Some College Students Can Get Money Back Since Strike Has Ended
- Ontario Government Cancels Free Tuition for Low-Income Students
- Some Mississauga Students are Dating to Pay Off Student Loans