Student Charged After Weapon Sighting Caused Lockdown in Mississauga
Police have arrested and charged a Mississauga male following an incident that put a school under lockdown in Mississauga.
At 9:56 a.m. on Tuesday (June 5), police received a call from administrators at TL Kennedy Secondary School regarding a male within the premises that was possibly in possession of a weapon.
School Resource Officers — assisted by uniformed officers, tactical and K9 units — attended to locate the suspect.
All floors and rooms of TL Kennedy Secondary School were searched by police.
An adult male student was arrested and found to be in possession of a replica pellet gun, police say.
No students or staff were injured.
21 year old Mississauga male Rahim Rashidi has been charged with Weapons Dangerous and Mischief. He was released with a court date in July 2018.
Anyone with further info related to this investigation should call 905-453-2121, ext. 1233.
- School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
- Mississauga School Under Lockdown
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Teenager Charged After Allegedly Threatening Mississauga School on Social Media