Strong Winds Expected to Hit Mississauga Very Soon
Recently Mississauga has seen a wide range of weather conditions - freezing rain, freezing drizzle, snow... and now something else is being added to the mix.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Mississauga.
Strong and gusty west to southwest winds are expected to hit the city today (Feb. 8).
Environment Canada notes that the winds that are expected will be strong enough to cause minor tree damage and a few local power outages.
Winds with gusts up to 80 km/h will start to diminish by this afternoon.
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children