Strong Winds Cause Power Outage for Over 10,000 Brampton and Mississauga Residents
If you're still without power, take comfort in the fact that crews are working hard to bring light back into your life.
On Sunday, Oct. 15, incredibly strong winds and heavy rains damaged poles and downed power lines, leaving over 10,000 people in Brampton and Mississauga without power.
Alectra Utilities recently announced that it's making progress as crews work to restore service to approximately 5,500 customers who remain without power across its service territory.
At approximately 3:00 p.m. the sudden high winds caused broke 10 poles and downed power lines in Vaughan. As a result, more than 35,000 customers in Vaughan were without power at the height of the storm, along with 7,000 customers in Mississauga, 10,544 customers in Hamilton/St. Catharine’s and 5,134 customers in Brampton.
As of 8:30 p.m., widespread outages are still affecting approximately 2,154 customers in Vaughan, 1,333 customers in Mississauga, 1,957 customers in Hamilton/Stoney Creek, 109 customers in St. Catharine’s and three customers in Brampton.
Alectra says it anticipates that service will be restored to all remaining customers by early Monday morning. In the meantime, those who are still without power are encouraged to remain patient and to check on relatives and neighbours who may require assistance.
Residents are also encouraged to call the following numbers or follow Alectra on Twitter for the latest updates on the company’s power restoration efforts:
Brampton: 1-844-797-7920 / @alectra_Bramp
Mississauga: 905-273-7425 / @alectra_Sauga
- Emergency Services Responding To Active House Fire in Mississauga
- Here's How You Can Get A Dozen Doughnuts For $1 This Week
- Police Searching for Possible Contractor Wanted for Uttering Threats in Mississauga
- A Flood Outlook is Currently in Effect for Mississauga
- Two Mississauga Women Celebrating Big Lotto Win
- Power Outage Affecting Over 100 Customers in Mississauga
- Power Outage Affecting Customers and Causing Traffic in Mississauga
- Power Outage Affecting Thousands of Customers in Mississauga
- Here’s What’s Happening With the Power Outages in Mississauga
- Power Outage Affecting Several Customers Near Major Intersection