Strong, Potentially Damaging Winds to Hit Mississauga
A special weather statement in currently in effect for Mississauga.
Environment Canada is reminding residents that strong winds are expected today (Sunday, March 10) with southwest winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h.
“These winds may be strong enough to produce minor tree damage and isolated power outages, especially in locations which receive the stronger wind gusts,” the statement reads.
The wind is expected to slowly diminish this evening.
Residents may want to exercise caution by staying indoors during strong winds.
We’ll update with any further weather statements.
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton
- Driver caught going almost double the speed limit in Milton
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Driver arrested after crashing into a tree in Mississauga