Strong, Potentially Damaging Winds to Hit Mississauga
A special weather statement in currently in effect for Mississauga.
Environment Canada is reminding residents that strong winds are expected today (Sunday, March 10) with southwest winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h.
“These winds may be strong enough to produce minor tree damage and isolated power outages, especially in locations which receive the stronger wind gusts,” the statement reads.
The wind is expected to slowly diminish this evening.
Residents may want to exercise caution by staying indoors during strong winds.
We’ll update with any further weather statements.
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Male in police custody after shooting, nine-hour crisis negotiation in Oakville
- Paramedics on scene after vehicle crashes into brick wall in Mississauga