Strong, Potentially Damaging Winds to Hit Mississauga
A special weather statement in currently in effect for Mississauga.
Environment Canada is reminding residents that strong winds are expected today (Sunday, March 10) with southwest winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h.
“These winds may be strong enough to produce minor tree damage and isolated power outages, especially in locations which receive the stronger wind gusts,” the statement reads.
The wind is expected to slowly diminish this evening.
Residents may want to exercise caution by staying indoors during strong winds.
We’ll update with any further weather statements.
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- Police and emergency crews attempting a water rescue in Mississauga