Stolen property worth $279,000 recovered from crimes in Milton and Halton Hills
Published March 4, 2022 at 5:05 pm
A Milton man has been arrested in connection with the theft of motorcycles, off-road vehicles (ATV’s, dirt bikes and UTVs), utility trailers, motor vehicles, and construction equipment.
According to Halton Police, the thefts and break-ins took place between June 1, 2021, and March 1, 2022, in Milton and Halton Hills.
As a result of this investigation, police beleive the same suspect is responsible for an incident in Burlington that occurred on Monday, February 28, 2022, where a police officer was dragged for a short distance.
On March 1, 2022, investigators arrested 35-year-old Timothy Burt from Milton.
He has been charged with:
- 15 counts of possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
- 3 counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
- 7 counts of failure to comply with probation
- 1 count of tampering with vehicle identification number
- 1 count flight from police
- 1 count dangerous operation
- 1 count failure to stop after accident
- 1 count assaulting peace officer with weapon or causing bodily harm
Burt was held in custody pending a bail hearing, according to police.
According to police, investigators executed search warrants at a total of six locations in Milton and Halton Hills and recovered a significant amount of stolen property valued at approximately $279,000.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation can call police at 905-825-4777 ext. 2490.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising