Stolen Car Catches Fire in Mississauga
A police chase that started in Brampton resulted in a car burning under a bridge in Mississauga.
Around 10:00 p.m. last night (Oct. 28), a confrontation between police and the driver of a stolen car occurred at the 22 Division Peel Regional Police station on Hurontario in Brampton. According to a source, a shot was fired over the course of the incident.
According to CP24, police determined that the car (and it does not appear they know why it was in their parking lot) was stolen.
After the confrontation, Peel police pursued the vehicle on the 407 with assistance from OPP officers, but did not manage to catch the suspect.
At about 8:30 this morning (Oct. 29), Peel police reported that they were in the Glen Erin/Meadowvale Town Centre area with a burnt vehicle. They confirmed that the vehicle in question was the stolen one that was involved in the shooting and pursuit the night before.
At this point, it appears the driver is at large.
#PRP in area of Glen Erin Dr/Meadowvale TC CL, Miss. w/burnt vehicle confirmed to be the stolen veh involved in shooting/pursuit last night.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) October 29, 2016
- Police and Fire Department on Scene for Active Fire in Mississauga
- Brampton Says Mississauga Might Have to Pay Up if it Leaves Region of Peel
- PHOTOS: A Look at the Glitziest Houses in Mississauga
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- Here’s Exactly How Much Money the Trudeau Government Will Save Millennial Homebuyers in Mississauga
- Police Officer Injured During Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Suspect Leads Police on Pursuit, Ditches Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Vehicle Stolen with Dog Inside in Mississauga
- Police Cruiser and Stolen Vehicle Crash Near Intersection in Mississauga
- Teen Charged After Ramming Police Cruisers With Vehicle Stolen in Mississauga