Still time to have your say about Milton’s new Official Plan
The Town of Milton continues to look forward as they reshape the community.
And they’re looking for input from local residents as they finalize the Town’s new Official Plan.
“Public engagement is at the heart of We Make Milton, the new Official Plan project that will manage growth and development in the community to the year 2051,” said a Town spokesperson.
- The Growing in Milton step of the project explores policy options regarding:
- Promoting a local approach to growth
- Establishing Milton’s future land use structure
- Managing growth within the settlement areas
- Envisioning growth and promoting good practice
- Promoting resource and environmental protection
- Delivering infrastructure and community services
The community can visit Let’s Talk Milton to engage in a variety of ways:
- Read the draft background and policy considerations reports
- Attend an information session online or in person
- Share your thoughts on any Official Plan topic any time in the Feedback Forum
A report with policy recommendations is expected to go to Milton Council for approval in November.
In 2021, Milton Council endorsed a modern, forward-looking land-use vision for the new Official Plan that reflects the diverse, young and innovative community.