St. Catharines man charged after police seize loaded gun, drugs in Brampton
Published November 20, 2022 at 2:15 pm
A traffic stop in Brampton on Friday has led to the arrest of a St. Catharines man.
Shortly before 3 a.m. on Nov. 18, Peel Regional Police officers investigated a vehicle in the area of Kennedy Road and Queen Street.
“As a result, officers seized a loaded Norinco NP762 handgun and a quantity of illegal substance believed to be cocaine,” said police.
Boysie Murray, a 41-year-old man from St. Catharines, was arrested.
He is charged with:
- Obstructing peace officer
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession firearm
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Tampering with a serial number
- Possession of firearm, contrary to order (three counts)
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking
Murray was held for a bail hearing and appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Police are continuing to investigate and have asked anyone with further details to contact them at 905-453-2121 extension 2233.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising