Spring Break will go ahead as planned for Hamilton students
If you are a student in Hamilton you can start planning your spring vacation.
Ontario's education minister says that spring break for the province's schools will not be postponed again.
Stephen Lecce says the break scheduled for the week of April 12 will go ahead as planned while the government continues to follow advice from the province's top doctor.
He also says the government is planning to step up safety protocols when students and staff return to in-class learning on April 19,
Lecce's comments come a day after Premier Doug Ford told reporters that he couldn't give a direct answer on whether the break would be postponed or altered.
The Toronto District School Board sent a memo to principals on Monday advising them to be prepared for the possibility that Canada's largest school board would not return to in-person learning after the break.
A TDSB spokesman says the message was sent before Ford's comments and that the school board was reminding its administrators to be prepared just in case.
The province decided earlier this year to delay the March break until April in an effort to curb COVID-19 cases, saying it wanted to discourage group gatherings and travel over that time.
- Spring Break will go ahead as planned for Mississauga and Brampton students
- Ontario school board group calls for teachers to get vaccinated over spring break
- Mississauga and Brampton students will take March Break in April
- Ontario education minister considering cancelling March break to curb COVID spread
- March break is over, but Ontario students are still out of class
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Free Summer Scavenger Hunt happening in Hamilton