Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Mississauga
A winter storm is in the forecast for Mississauga.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says that significant snowfall, freezing rain or rain are possible on Wednesday, Feb. 26 (both day and night).
“Current indications suggest that precipitation associated with a Texas Low will move into the area early Wednesday morning,” Environment Canada says.
“The precipitation may begin as snow then change to rain or freezing rain or continue as snow. Total snowfall amounts of 5 to 15 cm are possible in areas where the precipitation falls primarily as snow.”
Any change in the track could drastically change snowfall amounts and precipitation types.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Trendy new ice cream hotspot now open in Streetsville in Mississauga
- Mississauga passes mandatory mask bylaw
- Mississauga considered 'risk area' for Lyme disease