Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Mississauga
A winter storm is in the forecast for Mississauga.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says that significant snowfall, freezing rain or rain are possible on Wednesday, Feb. 26 (both day and night).
“Current indications suggest that precipitation associated with a Texas Low will move into the area early Wednesday morning,” Environment Canada says.
“The precipitation may begin as snow then change to rain or freezing rain or continue as snow. Total snowfall amounts of 5 to 15 cm are possible in areas where the precipitation falls primarily as snow.”
Any change in the track could drastically change snowfall amounts and precipitation types.
- Big banks reducing credit card rates
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- Here’s how Mississauga students will be marked and evaluated during the COVID-19 shutdown
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, close to 400 total cases found in Mississauga
- House prices officially dropping in Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak