Special Weather Statement Now In Effect for Mississauga
It’s technically spring.
With semi-wintery temps.
But on Tuesday, you’ll want to remember that ‘April showers bring May flowers’ as you grab that umbrella.
A special weather statement is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills.
“Significant rainfall is expected later today and tonight followed by strong winds beginning early Wednesday morning,”
reads the Environment Canada warning issued at 5:46 a.m. Tuesday.
“A Colorado Low pressure system is expected to intensify into an early spring storm as it races across Southern and Central Ontario tonight.”
Overall, we can expect this weather system to bring a rainfall of 15 to 30 millimetres, with most of it falling tonight.
Locally higher rainfall amounts “are possible” over localities that receive a thunderstorm.
As if getting soaked isn’t enough, here’s what’s on tap for Wednesday: A sharp arctic cold front associated with the Colorado Low will blast across the region in the early morning, with strong southwesterly winds heralding its arrival.
Wind gusts of 80 to 85 km/h are quite possible early Wednesday morning.
“Isolated power outages may be issues to deal with due to the strong winds,” the federal weather agency warns.
If the early spring storm becomes a little stronger than currently expected, wind warnings may be required.
Enjoy the wild weather ride!
- Thunderstorms and strong winds expected in Mississauga tonight
- Special Weather Statement Currently in Effect for Mississauga
- A special weather statement is now in effect for Mississauga
- Severe Weather Warning Currently in Effect for Mississauga
- Special Weather Statement in Effect for Mississauga Today
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26