Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
A special weather statement is in effect for Mississauga with heavy rain predicted on Thursday.
"Rainfall amounts near 10 mm have fallen overnight, and an additional 20 to 30 mm is possible before the rain tapers off to a few showers this afternoon," reads a statement issued by Environment Canada.
"Visibility may be reduced in heavy rain and local pooling on roads is possible.”
The statement also covers Brampton, Caledon, Burlington, Oakville, Milton, and Halton Hills.
Rain is expected to end after midnight with fog patches overnight.
Thursday’s high is 14 C with a low of 13 C.
- Special weather statement issued for Hamilton as rain moves in
- Special weather statement: Mississauga, Brampton, Halton Region could see 50mm of rain today
- Mississauga is Under a Special Weather Statement
- This Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Mississauga
- A Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic