Special Weather Statement in Effect for Mississauga Today
Don’t plan to spend too much time outdoors tonight, as you could get caught in some inclement weather.
As of 1:59 p.m. Environment Canada announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon.Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills.
The weather agency says that “scattered robust” thunderstorms are in store for southern Ontario which could produce strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
The thunderstorms may be accompanied by localized heavy downpours yielding up to 40 mm of rain, wind gusts of 70 km/h, and one cm of hail.
Thunderstorms are expected to weaken early this evening.
If you’re caught in a thunderstorm this evening, head indoors as soon as possible. If you’re driving, exercise more caution.
- Major weather statement in effect for Mississauga
- Very controversial, secretive business opens up in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Original News Coverage of the 1979 Mississauga Train Derailment
- Company creating close to 300 new jobs in Mississauga
- 40 YEARS LATER: Canada’s Biggest Evacuation in History Happened in Mississauga