Special Weather Statement in Effect for Mississauga Today
Don’t plan to spend too much time outdoors tonight, as you could get caught in some inclement weather.
As of 1:59 p.m. Environment Canada announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon.Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills.
The weather agency says that “scattered robust” thunderstorms are in store for southern Ontario which could produce strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
The thunderstorms may be accompanied by localized heavy downpours yielding up to 40 mm of rain, wind gusts of 70 km/h, and one cm of hail.
Thunderstorms are expected to weaken early this evening.
If you’re caught in a thunderstorm this evening, head indoors as soon as possible. If you’re driving, exercise more caution.
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga