Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga for Christmas
Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga over the next couple of days.
Potentially heavy rain followed by snow for Christmas.
Rain is forecast to begin tonight ahead of an approaching low pressure system. This rain will then continue into Thursday and become heavy at times. Total rainfall amounts of 15 to 25 mm appear likely.
By Thursday evening or Thursday night, the rain is expected to change over to snow after the passage of a strong cold front. A few centimetres of snowfall accumulation will be possible Thursday night through Friday morning.
There remains considerable uncertainty as to the exact track of this low pressure system and the timing of the changeover from rain to snow. This will ultimately affect how much snow may fall at any particular location.
Motorists should be prepared for deteriorating winter driving conditions in areas that receive snow Christmas eve into Christmas Day.
- Snow and Freezing Rain Headed for Mississauga This Week
- Another Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Mississauga
- More Rain and Snow Expected to Hit Mississauga
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Mississauga
- This Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Mississauga
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children