Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga for Christmas
Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga over the next couple of days.
Potentially heavy rain followed by snow for Christmas.
Rain is forecast to begin tonight ahead of an approaching low pressure system. This rain will then continue into Thursday and become heavy at times. Total rainfall amounts of 15 to 25 mm appear likely.
By Thursday evening or Thursday night, the rain is expected to change over to snow after the passage of a strong cold front. A few centimetres of snowfall accumulation will be possible Thursday night through Friday morning.
There remains considerable uncertainty as to the exact track of this low pressure system and the timing of the changeover from rain to snow. This will ultimately affect how much snow may fall at any particular location.
Motorists should be prepared for deteriorating winter driving conditions in areas that receive snow Christmas eve into Christmas Day.
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Ontario, Peel Region show drop in COVID cases today, but technical issues may be the reason
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - January 18, 2021
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga