Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Burlington, Oakville, Caledon and Milton
Published December 10, 2021 at 6:55 am
It’s going to be a rainy and windy one over the next 24 hours.
A special weather statement in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills and Milton (Dec. 10, 2021).
There will be heavy rain and strong winds Friday night into Saturday night.
There is a cold strong cold front will make its way through southern Ontario bringing rain and strong winds. Strong and gusty southwesterly winds are possible Saturday afternoon, while strong and gusty northwesterly winds are expected to set in by Saturday evening, particularly along the shores of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay.
– Heavy rain. Rainfall amounts of 25 to 45 mm.
– Strong winds gusting between 70 and 90 km/h.
– Beginning Friday night and continuing into Saturday night.
– Local power outages possible.
– Loose objects may be tossed about.
– Tree branches may break.
– Flash floods due to heavy downpours and water pooling on roads is possible.
– Localized flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
– Possible washouts near rivers, creeks and culverts.
Temperatures are expected to rapidly fall Saturday night allowing for light snow to develop in the wake of the cold front.
Wind and rainfall warnings are likely as this event draws closer.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising