Special Weather Statement in Effect for Mississauga
According to Environment Canada a period of freezing rain is possible beginning early Sunday morning in Mississauga.
A developing low pressure system is expected to bring rain and possibly some freezing rain to portions of southwestern Ontario.
The precipitation is expected to start after midnight and should persist Sunday morning before changing over to snow Sunday afternoon.
Current information suggests the most likely probability for several hours of freezing rain will be over the areas of:
- Burlington - Oakville
- Halton Hills - Milton
- Mississauga - Brampton
Untreated roads and sidewalks could become icy and slippery.
- Mississauga has an interactive map for coyote sightings
- Mississauga residents reminded to properly dispose of certain household goods
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga man celebrating Poker Lotto win