Special Weather Statement in Effect for Mississauga
According to Environment Canada a period of freezing rain is possible beginning early Sunday morning in Mississauga.
A developing low pressure system is expected to bring rain and possibly some freezing rain to portions of southwestern Ontario.
The precipitation is expected to start after midnight and should persist Sunday morning before changing over to snow Sunday afternoon.
Current information suggests the most likely probability for several hours of freezing rain will be over the areas of:
- Burlington - Oakville
- Halton Hills - Milton
- Mississauga - Brampton
Untreated roads and sidewalks could become icy and slippery.
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga secondary school
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, outdoor activities, vaccines for children – May 14, 2021
- Two Brampton residents killed in highway crash near Cornwall
- One Mississauga postal code rises to 22% COVID-19 positivity rate