Special Weather Statement Currently in Effect for Mississauga
Hold onto your hats!
Don't plan to spend too much time outdoors today, as you could get caught in some inclement weather.
Environment and Climate Change Canada has issued a special weather statement for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon. Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills.
The weather agency is predicting significant winds of 60 km/h and wind gusts up to 80 km/h are expected to develop overnight tonight with the arrival of a cold front.
Stronger wind gusts may exceed 80 km/h over some areas, most likely north of Eastern Lake Erie and Lake Ontario, as well as over higher terrain.
“Winds of this magnitude can toss loose objects and cause injury or damage,” reads the statement.
“Gusty winds can also damage soft shelters, tents and awnings.”
Environment and Climate Change Canada will closely monitor the situation and issue wind warnings if necessary.
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend