Special Weather Alert Now in Effect for Mississauga
It looks like more inclement weather is on its way.
Environment Canada recently announced a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
According to the weather agency, heavy downpours are expected in some areas.
"Areas of showers and thunderstorms are expected to affect portions of the regions this afternoon and evening," Environment Canada writes.
"Torrential downpours will be associated with these storms. Some storms will be very slow moving which could result in highly localized rainfall amounts in excess of 50 mm."
So if you plan on spending time outdoors this evening, be sure to take extra precautions and don't stray too far from shelter.
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26