Special Weather Alert Now in Effect for Mississauga
It looks like more inclement weather is on its way.
Environment Canada recently announced a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
According to the weather agency, heavy downpours are expected in some areas.
"Areas of showers and thunderstorms are expected to affect portions of the regions this afternoon and evening," Environment Canada writes.
"Torrential downpours will be associated with these storms. Some storms will be very slow moving which could result in highly localized rainfall amounts in excess of 50 mm."
So if you plan on spending time outdoors this evening, be sure to take extra precautions and don't stray too far from shelter.
- Masks mandatory in Mississauga until end of September, some face coverings no longer permitted
- Police on scene of Brampton crash, one vehicle flipped over
- Get second dose as soon as you can Brampton, Mississauga residents urged
- Gypsy moth blamed for mysterious rash showing up on Mississauga residents
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged