Special Weather Alert in Effect This Monday in Mississauga
If you’re gonna be outside or commuting this coming Monday, you may want to be cautious.
Environment Canada has put out a special weather alert this morning stating that freezing rain is likely to develop on Monday, starting as light drizzle or flurries in the morning before transitioning to significant freezing rain as the day goes on.
The cause is cited as colder winds which are expected to intensify, bringing temperatures to drop to somewhere near (or just below) the freezing mark.
The evening commute may be significantly impacted by icy roads, EC warns.
Residents are asked to be cautious during dangerous weather conditions and keep an eye out for any further alerts.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Police searching for missing nine-year-old boy from Mississauga
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Freezing Rain Expected to Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Heavy Freezing Rain Expected in Mississauga
- LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga