Something Very Unique Has Officially Opened at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
Erin Mills Town Centre, one of Mississauga's best known—and newly rejuvenated—indoor malls, is keeping things interesting for shoppers.
Beyond opening a number of new stores and restaurants (Miniso and Turtle Jacks, for example), the mall recently celebrated the grand opening of something decidedly family-friendly—a Yukids Indoor Playground.
The innovative new indoor playground for kids has been around since the spring, but celebrated its grand opening at the end of the September.
Yukids Indoor Playground, based on the soft play system from Japan, debuted its first set of play equipment in Canada about three years ago in Oakville as part of Kidsopolis Indoor Playground.
Yukids is part of BLD Oriental, a children's playground manufacturing company founded by Yasushi Ochi in Osaka, Japan in 1998. It has spread to over 400 locations all over the world, including Japan, China, USA, Canada, Europe, South America and Australia.
The EMTC location marks the playground's first in-mall Canadian-wide debut.
According to EMTC, the unique structures provide an "engaging, enriching and educational play experience for children, and blends visual appeal with movement to create a unique and stimulating environment."
Yukids is located near Walmart.
"It's so much fun for the kids, and parents, too," says co-founder of Yukids Canada Inc., Adel Salehzahi.
"It's really a unique and fun place for families with young children to visit and spend quality time together. Parents want to know that their children are always playing safe in sanitary environments. As a parent of a young boy, I fully understand how important that is."
EMTC says Yukids is also ideal for birthday parties, summer, holiday and PA/PD day camps, school field trips and even a drop-off/babysitting service, which also offers date night packages for parents.
"We are happy to welcome Yukids to Erin Mills Town Centre and excited to offer our community this fun and educational experience" says Francesca Bourre, Marketing Director at Erin Mills Town Centre.
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend
- Two Unique (and Free) Activities Are Coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Unique Halloween Event Taking Place at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- A Limited-Time Weekend Market is Coming to Erin Mills Town Centre
- Part of Erin Mills Town Centre Re-Opening with Food-Themed Celebration
- Holiday market coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga