Something Unique is About to Happen at Square One in Mississauga
Square One is best known for its vast food and retail scene, and rightly so—it's easily the city's most iconic mall and one that's home to a plethora of stores and restaurants (including a few newly opened gems such as Reds, SU&BU and Sansotei).
But it's also no stranger to events.
This coming Monday, the mall will be doing its part to save the world's most on-trend (for good reason) insects:
"From solar panels to rooftop greenhouses to urban gardens, many corporations are using their free, unused space to positively impact the environment," Square One said in a recent news release, adding that it's about to kick of a new environmental initiative.
The mall says that urban beehives are being installed on the shopping centre's rooftop in response to worrying stories about the declining bee population.
If this idea sounds familiar to you, it might because the City of Mississauga is also welcoming more bees to its rooftop in an effort to protect declining bee populations and produce honey.
Square One operators say that, with help of celebrity wellness enthusiast Stephanie Shepherd (better known as Steph Shep), they will unveil their beehives on Monday, July 16 at 1:30 p.m.
Following the unveiling, event guests will be able to participate in a special body conditioning class led by well-known fitness instructor Eva Redpath.
The shopping centre says Square One executives will also be on-hand to talk about the beehive program, along with beekeeper Madison Weir from Alveole.
Weir will be onsite to speak to and demonstrate the inner working of the beehives, so if you have questions about bees, you can get some answers.
What do you think of the beehive initiatives happening in the city?
- Something Interesting is Now For Sale at Square One in Mississauga
- Significantly More Insects About to Land in Mississauga
- A Very Unique Shop Has Opened in Square One in Mississauga
- Unique Shopping Event Coming to Square One for a Limited Time Only
- An Exciting Four-Day Shopping Event is Coming to Square One
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Six new COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga and Brampton grocery stores this week
- BREAKING: Province shortens AstraZeneca second dose to 8 weeks in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario