Something Unique is About to Happen at Square One in Mississauga
Square One is best known for its vast food and retail scene, and rightly so—it's easily the city's most iconic mall and one that's home to a plethora of stores and restaurants (including a few newly opened gems such as Reds, SU&BU and Sansotei).
But it's also no stranger to events.
This coming Monday, the mall will be doing its part to save the world's most on-trend (for good reason) insects:
"From solar panels to rooftop greenhouses to urban gardens, many corporations are using their free, unused space to positively impact the environment," Square One said in a recent news release, adding that it's about to kick of a new environmental initiative.
The mall says that urban beehives are being installed on the shopping centre's rooftop in response to worrying stories about the declining bee population.
If this idea sounds familiar to you, it might because the City of Mississauga is also welcoming more bees to its rooftop in an effort to protect declining bee populations and produce honey.
Square One operators say that, with help of celebrity wellness enthusiast Stephanie Shepherd (better known as Steph Shep), they will unveil their beehives on Monday, July 16 at 1:30 p.m.
Following the unveiling, event guests will be able to participate in a special body conditioning class led by well-known fitness instructor Eva Redpath.
The shopping centre says Square One executives will also be on-hand to talk about the beehive program, along with beekeeper Madison Weir from Alveole.
Weir will be onsite to speak to and demonstrate the inner working of the beehives, so if you have questions about bees, you can get some answers.
What do you think of the beehive initiatives happening in the city?
- Crews Attending Basement Fire in Mississauga
- A New Pop-Up Store is Open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Man in Life-Threatening Condition After Being Pulled from Pool in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing 45 Hate-Related Charges
- Popular Store Opens First Outlet in Canada at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Something Interesting is Now For Sale at Square One in Mississauga
- Significantly More Insects About to Land in Mississauga
- An Exciting Four-Day Shopping Event is Coming to Square One
- Interesting Shopping Event Headed to Square One in Mississauga
- Your Holiday Shopping Guide to Square One in Mississauga