Something New is Taking Over the Old Michael-Angelo's Grocery Store in Mississauga
A new superstore of sorts is on its way to Mississauga.
And you may recognize the name.
Iqbal Halal Foods, which has a Toronto location on Thorncliffe Park Dr., is expanding west to 4099 Erin Mills Pkwy., at Folkway Dr.
What’s the draw? Fresh chicken, lamb, beef, veal, goat and sheep.
It’s slated to take over Four Seasons, which was known as Michael-Angelo’s (for just about ever), before rebranding under Starsky in summer 2017.
Last August, Starsky, the brand best known for its popular Eastern European grocery stores, assumed smaller grocer Michael-Angelo's assets. That meant that the larger company took over the two locations once run by the Michael-Angelo's brand, including the Erin Mills Pkwy. store in Mississauga.
But while the absorption went into effect on Sept. 1--at which point the store became known as the Four Seasons Marketplace--it looks like, less than a year later, the store is closing down.
The store made news earlier this month for a potentially dangerous recall.
And now the supermarket is closed for renovations.
It’s currently hosting a liquidation sale, so shoppers can get 50 per cent off of everything in the store, with the exception of alcohol.
Iqbal caters to the South Asian and Middle Eastern communities and also offers conventional grocery items and produce.
The Toronto location is open seven days a week from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m. It’s unclear if the Mississauga location will boast similar hours.
The store is expected to open in July.
We’ll keep you posted with details.
Photo courtesy of Iqbal Halal Foods
- Police Investigating Report of Man with Hammer in Mississauga
- Vehicle Flipped Onto Side After Collision in Mississauga
- Residents Devastated After Homeless Man’s Garden Destroyed in Mississauga
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- Police Release Warning to Residents Following Multiple Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- New Grocery Store Suddenly Closes in Mississauga
- Major Grocer Taking Over Popular Store in Mississauga
- Brand New Store Opening in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Popular French Store Set to Open Brand New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Major Grocery Store Might Be On Its Way to Mississauga