Something New is Taking Over the Old Michael-Angelo's Grocery Store in Mississauga
A new superstore of sorts is on its way to Mississauga.
And you may recognize the name.
Iqbal Halal Foods, which has a Toronto location on Thorncliffe Park Dr., is expanding west to 4099 Erin Mills Pkwy., at Folkway Dr.
What’s the draw? Fresh chicken, lamb, beef, veal, goat and sheep.
It’s slated to take over Four Seasons, which was known as Michael-Angelo’s (for just about ever), before rebranding under Starsky in summer 2017.
Last August, Starsky, the brand best known for its popular Eastern European grocery stores, assumed smaller grocer Michael-Angelo's assets. That meant that the larger company took over the two locations once run by the Michael-Angelo's brand, including the Erin Mills Pkwy. store in Mississauga.
But while the absorption went into effect on Sept. 1--at which point the store became known as the Four Seasons Marketplace--it looks like, less than a year later, the store is closing down.
The store made news earlier this month for a potentially dangerous recall.
And now the supermarket is closed for renovations.
It’s currently hosting a liquidation sale, so shoppers can get 50 per cent off of everything in the store, with the exception of alcohol.
Iqbal caters to the South Asian and Middle Eastern communities and also offers conventional grocery items and produce.
The Toronto location is open seven days a week from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m. It’s unclear if the Mississauga location will boast similar hours.
The store is expected to open in July.
We’ll keep you posted with details.
Photo courtesy of Iqbal Halal Foods
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton