Something New is Opening Up at a Busy GO Station in Mississauga
Big news for a few lucky GO Transit riders!
If you're a frequent commuter who uses the Cooksville GO station that's been under construction for about a year or so now, you're in line for some much-needed relief.
Especially if you live in the four apartment buildings right next to the new parking structure.
According to a notice sent out by Metrolinx, on Monday, Sept. 16, a new pedestrian route to the station will be made available for residents of the Hillcrest Condo community, alongside the partial opening of floors 1 to 4 in the parking structure.
Previously, commuters coming from the apartments had to walk down the condo access road, walk along Hillcrest Avenue, then back up to the open access to the GO station that's also shared with vehicles going in as well.
With these changes, GO customers will now enter through the condo access road, taking the south sidewalk until they enter the building. Once inside, they'll follow foot traffic through the building before exiting on the east side of the parking structure and continuing their normal route.
The Cooksville GO station reconstruction is slated to be completed in 2020.
Are you looking forward to the new pedestrian access route as a GO commuter?
- Something New is Being Installed at this Mississauga GO Station
- Construction Begins on a Major GO Station Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- Metrolinx could charge for GO Station parking in the future
- The Cooksville Go Station in Mississauga is About to Get a Major Facelift
- Major Changes Are Coming to a Go Station in Mississauga
- Mississauga has an interactive map for coyote sightings
- Mississauga residents reminded to properly dispose of certain household goods
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga man celebrating Poker Lotto win