Some social media websites and apps not functioning properly
Are you having trouble accessing your social media accounts?
According to downdetector.com, a website that tracks the functionality of websites and apps, users of Facebook, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Whatsapp are having varying degrees of issues accessing these websites and apps.
The website tracks outages based on reports from users.
According to Downdetector, 70 per cent of Instagram users reported a problem with the news feed, while 16 per cent reported problems with the website, and 13 reported problems with logging in.
Additionally, 68 per cent of Whatsapp users reported problems with their connection, while 29 per cent reported issues sending and receiving messages.
Further, 49 per cent of Facebook Messenger users reported issues connecting to the server, 38 per cent reported problems sending and receiving messages, and 12 per cent reported problems logging in.
Moreover, 52 per cent of Facebook users reported a total website blackout, while 23 per cent reported problems logging in, 23 per cent reported problems accessing their news feed.
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- Stay at home order extended 2 weeks and police have new powers in Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga