Some social media websites and apps not functioning properly
Are you having trouble accessing your social media accounts?
According to downdetector.com, a website that tracks the functionality of websites and apps, users of Facebook, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Whatsapp are having varying degrees of issues accessing these websites and apps.
The website tracks outages based on reports from users.
According to Downdetector, 70 per cent of Instagram users reported a problem with the news feed, while 16 per cent reported problems with the website, and 13 reported problems with logging in.
Additionally, 68 per cent of Whatsapp users reported problems with their connection, while 29 per cent reported issues sending and receiving messages.
Further, 49 per cent of Facebook Messenger users reported issues connecting to the server, 38 per cent reported problems sending and receiving messages, and 12 per cent reported problems logging in.
Moreover, 52 per cent of Facebook users reported a total website blackout, while 23 per cent reported problems logging in, 23 per cent reported problems accessing their news feed.
- Instagram and Facebook are down for some users
- Facebook Messenger down for users around the world
- Nearly half of Canadians report receiving information they suspect is false through private messaging apps at least once per month
- Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp Experiencing Outages
- Bell users experience Canada-wide service disruptions
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- 7 ways we can crush COVID in Mississauga and Brampton