UPDATED: Some Severe Weather in Store for the Weekend
If you were planning to spend the majority of the weekend outdoors, you might want to take a few extra precautions.
Although Environment Canada is predicting a hot weekend, it is warning that thunderstorms are a possibility.
According to the weather agency, we can expect highs of 29 and 24 degrees on Saturday and Sunday, but thunderstorms are likely throughout the weekend.
There is a 40 per cent chance of lightning and showers today and a 60 per cent chance of showers or thundershowers tomorrow.
Temperatures will drop into the lower 20s throughout the week.
Stay dry, everyone!
UPDATE: A severe thunderstorm watch has been issued by Environment Canada at 1:43 p.m. on Saturday. Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain.
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious