Some route changes coming to MiWay in Mississauga
If you regularly use MiWay to get around Mississauga, you should note that some changes are coming into effect on Monday, April 26, 2021.
The city says that starting next week, MiWay is extending some routes to service the new Cooksville GO Station and is also revising schedules on several routes.
The city says this is being done in response to changing ridership demands due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Service changes include:
- Schedules will change on various routes to respond to ridership demand and ensure service reliability
- Route 91 - Hillcrest-Cooksville GO will be cancelled. Route 4 Sherway Gardens and Route 6 Credit Woodlands are alternate routes.
- Route 4 Sherway Gardens will have new routing and schedules. It will be extended to service the Cooksville GO Station.
- Route 38/38A - Creditview will have new routing and schedules. It will be extended to service the Cooksville GO Station.
- Route 6 Credit Woodlands will be revised to service Webb Drive and Duke of York Blvd (previously serviced by cancelled route 91).
- Route 42 Derry will provide new weekday and weekend trips to respond to increasing demand.
- Route 51 Tomken will provide new weekday trips to respond to increasing demand.
- Route 66 McLaughlin will provide new weekday and weekend trips to respond to increasing demand.
- On Victoria Day (Monday, May 24, 2021) buses will operate on a holiday schedule and some routes will not operate due to low customer demand.
MiWay also says schedules on the following routes will change:
- Route 2 Hurontario
- Route 4 Sherway Gardens
- Route 5 Dixie
- Route 6 Credit Woodlands
- Route 7 Airport
- Route 16/16A Malton
- Route 17 Hurontario
- Route 22 Finch
- Route 26 Burhamthrope (East)
- Route 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line (West)
- Route 38 Creditview
- Route 38A Creditview - Argentia
- Route 42 Derry
- Route 43 Matheson-Argentia
- Route 46 Tenth Line - Osprey
- Route 49 McDowell
- Route 51 Tomken
- Route 53 Kennedy
- Route 61 Mavis (North)
- Route 66 McLaughlin
- Route 68 Terry Fox
- Route 71 Sheridan-Subway
- Route 87 Meadowvale-Skymark
- Route 90 Terragar-Copenhagen
- Route 101 Dundas Express
- Route 103 Hurontario Express (North)
To see a full list of changes and affected routes, click here.
The city says riders are encouraged to use PRESTO for contactless payment and to restrict travel to essential trips only. Masks and face-coverings are required on all MiWay buses and inside transmit terminals and other indoor spaces.
- MiWay making changes to bus routes this month, cancelling some routes in Mississauga
- More transfer-free rides and a change coming to GO Bus route in Mississauga
- MiWay changes route on Hurontario in Mississauga due to LRT construction
- Bus route being temporarily cancelled in Mississauga
- MiWay to resume some bus routes, implement service changes in Mississauga
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- BREAKING: All Mississauga and Brampton residents over 18 will be able to book vaccine appointments May 6
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19 updates, vaccines and tickets - May 4, 2021
- Father of three from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win "couldn’t believe it"
- Brampton bylaw officer assaulted while trying to break up birthday party