Some Roads Remain Closed After Van Plows Through QEW Barrier Wall
Some roads in Mississauga have been closed following a single-vehicle collision into the barrier wall on the QEW.
Earlier this afternoon, Peel police announced that a vehicle crashed into a wall in the North Service Road and Harvest Drive area. Police went onto report that a male was trapped in the vehicle and had to be extricated by Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services.
Fortunately, he was transported to hospital with only minor injuries.
This is not the first time the walls have been taken down by a vehicle. Earlier this year, traffic came to a virtual standstill on the QEW for hours after a van plowed through the wall and onto the busy highway.
Fortunately, only minor injuries were reported in relation to that incident.
Police say North Service remains closed from Tolman Road. Westbound North Service Road has reopened.
The wall is currently being repaired, so expect delays.
- Major Weather Alerts in Effect for Mississauga
- Police Warn Residents to Beware of Serious and Ongoing Taxi Scam in Mississauga
- Doug Ford Gives Former Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion a New Job
- This Massive Kids Store is Closing its Doors
- Vehicle Flees After Striking Female Pedestrian in Mississauga
- Emergency Crews on Scene After Vehicles Hits Wall in Mississauga
- VIDEO: QEW Closed After Vehicle Smashes Through Sound Wall
- Man Charged After Crashing Through QEW Barrier Wall in Mississauga
- TRAFFIC: Road Closed After Vehicle/Motorcycle Collision in Mississauga
- Part of Major Road Closed After Vehicle Flips Over in Mississauga