Some residents getting new Costco scam text in Mississauga and Brampton
Published June 6, 2021 at 9:44 pm
If you recently got a suspicious text claiming to be from Costco, you’re not the only one.
Some residents report that they’re getting a scam text offering a 2% cashback on their Costco groceries for the month of June.
Residents who get the text should avoid clinking the link and block the sender’s number.
Costco-related scams appear to be on the rise, with the wholesale retailer keeping track of a long list of currently known scams that Costco shoppers should be aware of.
If you get one of these scams, you’re advised to:
- Never respond to emails that cannot be verified.
- Never provide personal information via email or by text.
- Contact the business by using legitimate phone numbers to verify the request.
- Enter websites using your browser and not by clicking on provided links.
- Be cautious of any solicitation requesting that you deposit a check or pay a fee to collect a prize.