Some Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga
Although winter is quite a ways off (and considering the summer we've had, we deserve a very warm fall), it is coming (teehee!).
For that reason, some Mississauga residents might be happy to hear that some residents could be eligible to receive free snow clearing service from the city.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that residents 65 and over and people with disabilities can register for the city's Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program until 9:00 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 10.
In case you are unaware, a windrow is a pile of snow left at the end of a driveway after a snow plow has cleared a road.
"As we prepare for the winter season, we are asking residents 65 years and over and people with disabilities to register for the program," said Mickey Frost, director of works operations and maintenance. "The program provides assistance to eligible applicants by clearing windrows after snow plowing operations are complete."
Participants in the program will have approximately three metres (ten feet) of space cleared in the windrow, enough to allow one car to pass. The service is typically provided within 36 hours after the end of a snow storm.
The city says the program runs from Nov, 27, 2017 until March 30, 2018.
The cost of the program—offered to 300 eligible applicants on a first-come, first-served basis—is either $200 or free if the applicant meets financial assistance criteria.
Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program applications are available online or at all community centres, the Recreation Customer Service Centre (located at the Mississauga Central Library) and the Mississauga Seniors' Centre.
- Some Residents Can Apply for City’s Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program
- Select Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Some Residents Can Get Help with Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Select residents can get help with snow clearing in Mississauga this winter
- Some Residents Eligible for Financial Assistance Programs in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Employee of Mississauga No Frills tests positive for COVID-19
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash between motorcycle and MiWay bus in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win