Some Residents Eligible for Free Dental Care in Mississauga
Oral healthcare is important, but it’s also expensive.
Believe it or not, one of the most important parts of a child’s health is their teeth, and this can be hard for families who have trouble accessing dental care.
For that reason, some families in Mississauga might be excited to know that a new mobile dental clinic recently launched in Peel Region.
The 40-foot long bus aims to offer dental care to children in their own communities.
Free dental care for some children aged 0-17 will be provided to families who need support by Peel Public Health - for the most part, for families who don’t have dental insurance.
What can you expect on the bus?
Some services provided include dental screening, cleaning, fluoride application and dental sealants.
“Our dental bus is an example of how the Region uses innovation to reduce health inequity across Peel,” said Dr. Jessica Hopkins, the Medical Officer of Health for the Region of Peel.
“By bringing dental services directly into the communities that need them most, it bridges the barriers some families still face getting their children treated.”
Even though these services are free of charge, some families in Peel still don’t know they are available.
The region aims to bring the bus to community areas, such as schools or places of worship to increase awareness for children to get the dental treatment they need.
The bus is the newest addition to the Region of Peel’s preventive dental programing, which started back in 2003. Other additions to the program include indoor portable clinics, that can be temporarily set up within schools and various locations within the community.
You can learn more here.
Cover Photo Courtesy of the Region of Peel
- New Dental Care Program Announced for Ontario's Seniors
- NDP Pledges to Make Dental Care More Affordable
- Patients at Mississauga dental clinic advised to get tested for hepatitis and HIV
- Government creates new dental care program for seniors in Mississauga
- Lack of PPE, conflicting guidelines slow reopening of dental clinics
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Driver in custody after driving without a tire in Mississauga