Some Residents Can Ride MiWay for Free Soon
They say the best things in life are free and that's probably true—especially when those things are complimentary rides to exciting and meaningful events.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that Canadian Forces veterans (along with a friend) can ride MiWay for free on Saturday, Aug. 19 to attend the 96th Warriors' Day Parade.
"MiWay is once again proud to support the Warriors' Day Parade and all veterans or serving members of Canadian Armed Forces for the sacrifices they have made for our country," said Geoff Marinoff, Director, Transit.
To receive a free ride on MiWay, veterans must identify themselves to a transit operator by wearing their uniform or displaying a medal or any other item that distinguishes them as a veteran.
The Warriors' Day Parade is a tradition that originated in 1921. It occurs annually at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) in Toronto. This year's event commemorates the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge (1917-2017) and the 75th anniversary of the Dieppe Raid.
If you need help planning your trip, visit miway.ca/planatrip or call 905-615-INFO (4636) for customized route and schedule information.
- MiWay offering free transit to veterans later this month in Mississauga
- Select Residents Can Use Transit for Free in Mississauga Soon
- Some Mississauga Residents Eligible for Free MiWay Ride Soon
- Veterans Ride MiWay for Free on Remembrance Day in Mississauga
- Here’s Who Can Ride GO Transit for Free This Weekend
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Ontario premier Doug Ford in isolation
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless