Some Residents Can Apply for City’s Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program
While snow should be the last thing on your mind, winter is -- as always -- coming.
Fortunately for some residents, we have some good snow-related news.
If you're elderly or living with a disability, it might relieve you to know that you can now apply for the city's Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program until Nov. 11.
The program helps clear snow that accumulates at the end of your driveway after plowing.
"We want to reach out to residents before the onset of winter so they can sign up,” said Bob Levesque, Acting Director of Works Operations & Maintenance, in a recent press release. “Applications are received at the community centres, Mississauga Seniors’ Centre or the Recreation Customer Service Centre.”
The service will plow a three mere wide area at the end of your (or your loved one's) driveway, allowing one vehicle to pass through unobstructed. The city warns, however, that the service may take up to 36 hours and cannot guarantee bare pavement.
The program will run from Nov. 28 to March 10, 2017.
If you are interested in applying for this service, you must be 65 years of age or older or be living with a disability.
The program costs $200, but low-income applicants may be eligible for free service. You can apply online or at any community centre, the Recreation Customer Service Centre (located at the Central Library) and the Mississauga Seniors' Centre.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- BREAKING: Peel Public Health reports region's first COVID-19 related death
- Some Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Some Residents Can Get Help with Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Select Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Some Mississauga residents eligible for financial assistance with transit and home maintenance
- Some Residents Eligible for Financial Assistance Programs in Mississauga