Some Residents Can Apply for City’s Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program
While snow should be the last thing on your mind, winter is -- as always -- coming.
Fortunately for some residents, we have some good snow-related news.
If you're elderly or living with a disability, it might relieve you to know that you can now apply for the city's Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program until Nov. 11.
The program helps clear snow that accumulates at the end of your driveway after plowing.
"We want to reach out to residents before the onset of winter so they can sign up,” said Bob Levesque, Acting Director of Works Operations & Maintenance, in a recent press release. “Applications are received at the community centres, Mississauga Seniors’ Centre or the Recreation Customer Service Centre.”
The service will plow a three mere wide area at the end of your (or your loved one's) driveway, allowing one vehicle to pass through unobstructed. The city warns, however, that the service may take up to 36 hours and cannot guarantee bare pavement.
The program will run from Nov. 28 to March 10, 2017.
If you are interested in applying for this service, you must be 65 years of age or older or be living with a disability.
The program costs $200, but low-income applicants may be eligible for free service. You can apply online or at any community centre, the Recreation Customer Service Centre (located at the Central Library) and the Mississauga Seniors' Centre.
- Paramedics Treating Male with Gunshot Wound in Mississauga
- New York-Based Company Opens Pop-Up Shop at Square One in Mississauga
- Collision Knocks Down Traffic Light at Major Mississauga Intersection
- It’s Going to be a Relatively Warm Week in Mississauga (Dec. 17 – Dec. 23)
- PHOTOS: Hugely Expensive GTA Mansion is For Sale
- Some Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Select Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Some Residents Eligible for Financial Assistance Programs in Mississauga
- Mississauga is Definitely Ready for Snow
- Some Residents Eligible for Free Transit and Recreation Passes in Mississauga